Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Still kicking. and Seven things.
I am sitting amongst piles of boxes again. This time it is because we have moved in to a new home. I have not posted in the interim, because I have just been too stinkin' busy. I am too stinkin' busy now, but I am posting because I am looking for a creative way to procrastinate, and because Jeanne tagged me.
So, here are seven things you may not know about me.
1. I turned 40 last month and it is no big deal.
2. Like Jeanne, I don't mind discussing things that many people are uncomfortable discussing. My caveat is that everyone in the conversation must be nice to each other. I don't have mainstream viewpoints and opinions about things, so people tend to get mad at me for what I believe. I am not threatened by or offended by what anyone else believes, I just believe what I believe. Which leads me to...
3. I am a Christ follower. I don't say Christian, because that conjurs an image of people who are mean-spirited and hateful. That isn't me. I do believe in the Bible as the infallible word of God. I believe we were created by God in his image. I believe that there was a global flood, and an ark, and the dinosaurs were on it. I have very reasonable arguments to back my beliefs up, so feel free to ask. I believe that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," but that a baby was born of a virgin for the purpose of spilling his blood to pay the price of all the sins that have ever been or ever will be commited so that we can be reunited with our Father who made us and loves us more than we can possibly imagine. I believe that human beings will always falter and fail each other, but that Christ never fails.
4. I believe that some people won't get past reading #3, and some folks might even leave mean spirited comments about it, but it's no skin off my nose.
5. I love everyone. Really. I don't LIKE everyone, but I do love everyone.
6. I was a cheerleader in high school. (that may scare the rest of you away)
7. I have a nose piercing ad two tattoos, and a third one planned.
I don't know who to tag.
How about Jean at Artist Alley. She is the only person I can think of who hasn't been tagged!