Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

In a book I am reading, I just read that the Chinese pictograph for busy-ness is "heart killing." That thought pierces me today. How do we do this? I mean how do we women make a life of busy-ness into a life of beauty and wonder. How do we keep the demands from pressing in on us and suffocating us until the spark dies out? That is where I am today. Children, home, husband, business, health, all of it is spinning around me as I try to find my balance and give just enough to each one while still nourishing myself with my faith and my creativity. I am starving. The specific circumstances of my starvation are too complicated to post here. I know alot of what I need to do has to do with juggling space and time. In the meantime, I just need to find a way to carve out that space for myself where I can breathe and eat and drink food that sustains my inner spirit.

How do you do it?

No comments: