Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Direction


Isaiah 48:17 - This is what the Lord says- your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: I am the Lord your God who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.



I have had a sense of something more.
I have had a feeling of
reaching stretching
peering to see
what it is
just beyond
the limits
of my vision
rumors
fragmentsI don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about this place where I am right now. I am not sad or depressed. I am not struggling. All is really quite right in my world. Lot's of wonderful things are happening and moving and shifting and resetting themselves. I am really a great lover of change. Change feels right to me. I deplore stagnation. I always want to move. Maybe that comes from my ADD brain. Who knows?
Where I am now is an exciting place to be. I feel like I am on the precipice, on the verge of something big. Maybe not big to the world at large, but big to me. I have not been satisfied, and it has been keeping me up at night. I spent years in a place I was not supposed to be NOT DOING ANYTHING.
Now all the doors are flying open and the possibilities are endless. Ministry! I want to minister in the place I am called to in the way that only I can through the power of the Holy Spirit in me with the gifts and talents I have. I have had so many false starts going after what I thought I was supposed to do without really asking God about it. In the last few months I have been spending time just seeking God on this and he is beginning to reveal it to me. He has also been breaking bits of the old me off and casting them into the fire.

So, I am not sad, I am not down. I am hopeful and introspective, I am seeking the direction. I am reading the map. I think maybe I am supposed to paint the map.

2 comments:

pfd said...

Wonderful words of seeking Him out! I pray that you continue to wait on the Lord... and that you have wisdom to follow His direction.

watercolors said...

You sound like you have the heart to serve. May God Bless you in your seeking.

Roxanne