Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2007

You want to know 7 things about me?

This is so hard! But a good exercise in introspection. So, thank you Kelli Perkins for tagging me for this 7 things thing-a-majig. I will try to make it interesting.



1.The feeling of Popsicle sticks on my skin, and some other raw wood gives me the heebie-jeebies.



2.I am a disorganized neat freak. I hate to live in clutter and mess, but I am no good at keeping it under control myself. Consequently, I am always at war with myself and everyone else in the house about the mess and clutter.



3. I was co-captain of the JV cheerleading squad in high school, but also a loner and outcast at the same time. I was quite full of angst and conflict. My senior quote for the yearbook was from David Bowie- "and these children who you spit upon, as they try to change their worlds. are immune to your consultations, they are quite aware of what they are going through."



4. I love to go fishing, and have no fear of baiting a hook or taking the fish off. This was amusing recently when we had guests out to the house. The kids went fishing, and I was the one running around doing all the gross stuff while the menfolk watched.



5. I have always felt called to Africa. I would live there if I could. I am always praying the Matt will be called to missions there. We adopted our daughter from Ethiopia. When we went there to meet her I felt entirely at home.

6.One of my pet peeves is when people use the word "regime" when they should be saying "regimen." I hear it all the time on TV. "So and so is starting on a new weight-loss regime." Although having a regime ruling my weight loss might not be such a bad idea.

7. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into hell.
The third day He arose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, one holy church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.
Amen.

Now, if you got through all that I tag...
Lia, Wendy, Chel, Gene, Tejae, Tracie & Brandie