Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Take Time


Do you remember a time when you really stopped to enjoy the flowers, to smell each one, to appreciate their beauty? My six year old took me on a date to the horticultural gardens at the college this past weekend. The daffodils are up! We took the time to walk a small labryinth that someone had created out of overturned terracotta pots. We ran through the holly maze. We lay on our backs on the middle of the path to look up at the 100+ foot tall longleaf pine trees. We stopped to smell the flowers. Our faces were radiant with the simple joy of taking time to enjoy each other and the beauty we usually drive past in a rush on our way to something "important."
This bird has stopped to smell a flower. She took the time to notice and enjoy. Her face is peaceful and content.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this piece. You are right---her face is lovely and peaceful.

Kelley said...

Ah bliss... Amy, I can't even remember how I found your blog, but I love your work!

Must take more time to admire the beauty around me...

K.